Thursday, March 7, 2013

Tiger Woods


Eldrick Tont "Tiger" Woods is an American professional, and also the most successful golfer of all time. He was born on December 30, 1975.

Woods turned professional in 1996. He first reached the number one position in the world rankings in June 1997. Woods left professional golf to focus on his marriage during December 2009 to early April 2010. Because of that, his rankings fell to No. 58 in November 2011. But his rankings came back to No. 2 on February 3, 2013. He has more career major wins and career PGA Tour wins than any other golfer. He is the youngest player to achieve the career Grand Slam, and also the youngest and fastest to win 50 tournaments on tour. Woods is only the second golfer, after Jack Nicklaus, to have achieved a career Grand Slam three times. Woods has won 16 World Golf Championships. He was the highest-paid athlete in the world according to Forbes for several years.

I chose this person because I heard his name many times on TV when I was living in Canada. I got interested in him because I didn’t know anything about him even he was very famous.

2 comments:

  1. I have heard that his a good golfer player and its good to hear that African Americans are making the world change for what they do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My husband and father-in-law love following the sport of golf and have enjoyed watching Tiger's successes. However, the issues he had with infidelity and being untrustworthy make it hard for me to be a fan of his again.

    ReplyDelete