Thursday, March 21, 2013

Potala Palace

Potala Palace


Place:

     Potala Palace in Lhasa, Tibet, which the Dalai Lama used to live. Its has all the Tibetan ancient history that Tibetan used, so you can see all the stories and ancients weapons, clothes, Tibetan tradition throne where Dalai Lama used to sit and give lectures to people.It's a place where you can really feel or see Tibetan cultures and history. The Potala Palace in 361' (110 m) tall and named after Mount Potalaka.


My story:

     Since I was 7 years old I have always wanted to go to the city and visit the Potala Palace because My mother told me about Potala Palace when I was 7 years old. I have always wanted to go and visit the Potala Palace because I knew that I would learn more about my own culture and history. Six years later when I was 13 my uncle came back to our village to visit us. When he was leaving tomorrow to city he asked my family if he could take me with him to the city. My family agreed. I went to the city and the first things that my uncle did the next morning we got to the city was, he took me to see the Potala Palace. Inside the Potala Palace there were are lot of Tibetan history and cultures that I have never heard before. By going to there with my uncle, I learned a lot more about my own culture and history.

Why I chose this place:

     I chose this place because it is the Greatest Monument in Tibet. Tibetan Monks and some people build the Palace by their own hands and its structure were in ancient Tibetan cultures. It's always busy because people from all around the world comes and visit the palace. There will always be Tibetan people wanting to go in and see how Tibetan used to be when Dalai Lama was living in there. Even most of the Tibetan people could go in and visit only 2 to 3 times because it's always busy and have a very long lines.

















8 comments:

  1. The Potala Palace looks really beautiful and big. Is really amazing that a lot of people from all around the world goes to visit the palace. I would like to Tibet and visit the Palace. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The building looks so cool, I thought I want to see this palace with my own eyes!
    I really like your story about actually visiting the Potala Palace. Nice job :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. A really nice job expressing your pride and telling us your story; you have a very thoughtful Uncle. Enjoy learning as much about Tibetan history and culture as you can; Dalai Lama was a very good friend and a mentor to the president of my country.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely breathtaking! I'm so happy that you were able to visit. You expressed your admiration for this special place well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Potala Palace is a beutiful place and peaceful place to forget everything. Also is a nice place to learn more about Tibetan culture.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow that's a very Beautiful place to live in. hmmm interesting I would want to learn more about the Tibetan culture.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great job Tenzin! I really like how expressed yourself in the reasoning on why you chose the Potala Palace.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would really like to visit the Himalayas one day.

    ReplyDelete