Friday, March 22, 2013

Cerro Santa Ana


 
Place: Cerro Santa Ana is located north of Guayaquil, Ecuador near the Guayas river and traditional the neighborhood Las Peñas. There is over 400 stairs and each one has a number. At the top of the hill, you can see most of the city and their colorful houses. It is surrounded with stores and galleries of Ecuadorian’s artist.

My Story:  Since I was little almost all he time when my cousins who live in another city comes to Guayaquil, will go to El Cerro Santa Ana. We had a lot of fun by doing races so we can see who was the fastest. When we reached the top we were tired already but we still enjoyed the view, seeing all the houses really small and feeling the breeze touching our faces.

Why I Choose This Place: I chose this place because it represents the history of Guayaquil which is my home city. It is a beautiful place to go and have a nice time with your family. The view of the city is really pretty due to the colorful houses. It also brings me beautiful memories of my childhood together with my relatives back in Ecuador.

 
 

9 comments:

  1. I really like going to the Cerro Santa Ana, and I also still remember the races that we did with our cousins. I miss Ecuador so much. Nice job Karen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, the colorful houses are so pretty and fancy!!
    I would love to move into one of them, it will be so cool :)
    Nice pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a very beautiful place to go. I think this is similar to Potala Palace in a way, because if you are on top of the Potala Palace you can see the whole city.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your hometown looks so peaceful at night also due to a very sensitive architecture. I like it. Enjoy running up the steps every time you are there! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the playful idea of racing to the top. I can just imagine you and your sister fighting for first place!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very Nice! It looks similar to my country at Kurdistan at night!! great job Karen.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very Nice picture you used and i really love the house they have. it reminds me of my parent house in back home.

    ReplyDelete