Thursday, November 29, 2012

News about Tibet


Going down in flames: Self-immolation in China and Tibet
In Tibet, Tibetan people have been protesting against the Chinese government for the past twenty years.
In the last three years in specific, the wide-scale protests and by the spring of 2008 have been followed by a growing line of personal self-immolations. Tibetan people are doing this because of Tibetan independence and the return of the Dalai Lama, and for Tibetans across the region to come together in loyal unity. Tibetan government don't want them to protest by sacrificing themselves. 87 Tibetans have been confirmed to have self-immolated inside Tibet since 2009. Most of them are males in the age of twenty but there are also some teenagers.


Self- immolation is when people put gasoline on their body and fire themselves.



8 comments:

  1. I don't know what to say...

    This video was really shocking, I mean really really shocking,
    I can't believe how many people, many young people died by self-immolation.
    This can't be ordinary.

    But I think this video is really great for telling the world about this problem.

    Thanks for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really recommend everyone watching this video till the end.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with you keeyu. The video is so powerful and is really sad. I hope one day Tibet will not suffer anymore and can be a free country.You did a really good job Tenzin on sharing this piece of news about your country.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow that is really sad.. I hope everything in Tibet gets better! ALSO, I liked the part where you underlined the word of vocabulary and explained what it ment.. Nice work

    ReplyDelete
  5. This video is so powerfully disturbing and sad. My heart goes out to the youth and people of Tibet. I have so many questions that follow this video. Thank you for sharing this reality.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Man, this is really disturbing and sad to watch this video. My heart goes out to your people man.

    ReplyDelete
  7. this video is powerful.i hope one day these young men and woman could get and win there freedom.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This was interesting because I learned something new and it was well done

    ReplyDelete