Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Choose the right words

 http://www.justcolleges.com/college/coll_sat_top100.htm

Writing essays or State test can sound hard, but if you choose the right words to use, it can make you a better writer and also have higher score on any subject.  Teachers always say to use high educated words. I found a website that can help all of us. We can understand the word even if it sounds difficult by practicing new words everyday and also using it in your everyday life. There are a lot of words to choose, but there are three words that calle
d my attention are the following:
 
Enhance: (v) to improve, bring to a greater level of intensity.
The picture was black and white, so Mary add some colors to it to enhance the picture.
Scrutinize: (v) to observe carefully.

Lawyers scrutinize in their customers cases.
Tenacious: (adj) determined, keeping a firm grip on.
Athletes must be tenacious if they want to be on the Olympics.





 

8 comments:

  1. Nice vocabs ! I never heard these words before so is kina nice that im gonna learn them right now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very very nice!!!!
    This will really help on strengthening my vocabulary and writing skills.

    I really liked that you showed us vocabulary that is not school works, so these will be all new to us.
    And the example sentences were simple and very matching to the pictures so it was really easy to understand the word's meaning and how to use it in a sentence.

    Thanks for this nice, useful article!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is very nice because I never heard of these words before and I have always wanted to learn more new words. I can learn these words easily because you have already put definitions, images, and sentences for these words. It's easy to understand the way you define these words.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like your blog, good job (: I like the fact that you found a website where it can help us understand a word that might be difficult pronouncing it. I agree with you that teachers are always looking for high educated words, and that by practicing the difficult words it will improve our English. Thanks for putting the definitions of enhance, scrutinize and tenacious because I have never heard of them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like your blog sister. I haven't heard this words before which is nice because I am learning new words. When we learn new words it is really helpful for us because it will help us to improve in our English. Thank you Sis. Good job! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thnx. This is good and it'd going to help me for my essay and my other classes especially LA cuz I need to increase my vocabulary! Good job Karen

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow karen i really like the website you gave i look at it really helps a lot i am going to use to study for the ACT.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dear Karen,

    Thank you so much for stopping by to see me and Mrs. Morales! I am so sorry we missed you. I'm very happy to be able to read your writing on this blog!

    ReplyDelete