Thursday, May 30, 2013

Soccer

Yo Amo Futbol 

                The first time I got into the most amazing sport in the world, was when I turned 5 years old. My dad would always watch it and I didn’t know what was going on at first, I was lost, his screaming scared me. Until one day, he sat me with him and we were watching Club America, which is my favorite soccer team today.  Eventually it became our regular routine to watch the games every weekend and I got use to all the yelling smacking me across the face. Once the summer came, I got signed up for Urban Stars, my first soccer team.  A lot of kids had trouble playing, I was the little star of the team, I would get subbed out because I scored to many goals. My early years of soccer were really fun and I met a lot of kids through the years.
                I was 8 when I joined my first soccer club, Minneapolis United, and traveled around Minnesota and out of state. It was also the first time i had to do a try out to make a team, it was hard but I made the C2 team for U8. I went to so many places that I have never seen before, it was just a great experience for me at a very young age. My parents supported me and went to all my home games and after the season was over I got moved up to C1, Which is the next level of soccer. I played with them for 3 years. 2 years later I was introduced to this new soccer club that had just come from Mexico, Cruz Azul. There were a lot of Mexicans and they were really good players too, which made try outs a lot harder. The team I made was C3, we started at the beginner level, but worked our way all the way to Premiere and some player, including myself, got moved up the U16 premier team and I was only 14 years old! Soccer was my life before high school started, now it’s hard to do both things at the same time, but if I don’t give up I can play for varsity and keep my grades up.  

6 comments:

  1. Wow, you must be super good at soccer!!
    I'm very proud of you X)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Keeyu! I am a pretty good soccer player but still need to work on some things to get even better.

      Delete
  2. I really like your story of how you played soccer since little and how you were scared of your dad screaming. You must be really good at soccer. you have to invite us to see you play soccer one day. It will be nice to see your skills of soccer. Nice blog! You are going to be a great soccer player. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah i was scared of my dad's screaming, but now I just scream with him! Yes, if I make varsity I will invite you to my games.

      Delete
  3. Nice job, your blog seems really intresting because I like watching soccer games and playing:)Also, I would love to see your soccer skills one day .;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sure starting so young really helped you excel quickly at the sport. I don't know much about soccer, so I'd love to know what the 'C' stands for in C3, C2, etc. Best of luck making Varsity this summer!

    ReplyDelete