Monday, May 20, 2013

Badminton!


Badminton 
     
     Badminton is one of the sports I adore playing.  I have been on the badminton team for two years now. My first year of badminton I tried to be a JV player. I mostly played as an exhibition, is a lower level for badminton and the points doesn't really count. Later on I played as a JV. I was really proud of myself. One thing I struggled during my first year of badminton was trying to smash during games. The couch tried to teach me how to smash, but for some reason it was really tough for me. I was a double and single player. I didn't like playing as a double player because I and my partner couldn't communicate. She only wanted to catch all the shots and not let me play as a double partner. That year I was a freshman and I didn't worry too much about school. I was confident that I was going to do well in school.
    
My second year of badminton went fantastic. My mom at first she wouldn't let me be in the badminton team. She thought that I wasn't going to have time to do my homework. She said that since is my first year of high school, it was going to be hard for me. I told her that not because I was going to join badminton again doesn't mean I was going to stop studying. I did get good grades and I reminded her that it all depends in yourself, if you really want to be successful. This second year of badminton I mostly played as JV and it really surprised me when the coach told me I was going to play as Varsity.  That second year I became a good player that I could smash on games. Every time we have a game, I got really nervous. Badminton is a sport that I never thought I was going to be so enthusiastic and passionate about it. I had lot of fun playing badminton. I think that badminton has an important role in my life. 







7 comments:

  1. Great video attached!
    I'm very proud of you too that you played as a varsity ;)
    You made me want to practice harder so I can go on the varsity diving team.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Keeyu for being proud of me. ;)
      I think if you practice really hard you will make it to the varsity diving team. You will be a great diver ever.

      Delete
  2. I agree with you joining a sport doesn't mean you will forget about studying. It all depends on yourself you need to have the courage to do it and believe in yourself. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have a lot to be proud of. Playing any sport at varsity level is an accomplishment. This is especially true with how much growth you have had over the course of two years.

    From my experience, grades are higher doing sports season if a person has disciplined because a person is forced to manage their time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also love badminton even though I couldn't do it this year but hopefully next year I can be on the team as you are.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope I can get to one of your games next year. It's nice to know what you are passionate about and I'm happy to hear you are able to keep up your grades while participating in a sport.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love playing badminton, even though in Tibet I didnt go to school or didnt have a team I still played badminton with my friends. Also, I like the picture you put.

    ReplyDelete