Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Basketball



NBA

     One of the most significant sports that is important to me is basketball, which is also identified as NBA. Before I came here I didn’t really know anything about basketball because I have only seen people playing it, but I have never played basketball before I came to the US. When I came to the US I went to South View Middle School, there I had gym class and in the gym we played basketball. Since that day I started to love play basketball and watch basketball on tv. Playing basketball is a great way to exercise and a great way to have fun with friends. Basketball is very fun to watch on tv because when you watch it you can take the moves you see the professional’s perform and add them to your style of play. I try to take many of my moves from professional basketball players. Even though I am not that a good player but still I try very hard to get better and I love playing it and watching it. Basketball in my opinion the best thing I can do with my friends to have fun while burning a few calories. I see basketball as a fun and easy way to have fun rather than sitting on the couch all day playing video games. I love basketball is becauseI need only myself to play the game or I can play with teammates. I prefer to have others to play with rather than just playing alone. To me there is not only one word that I can describe basketball. You meet tons of people and you are able to play with your friends for hours without getting one thought of boredom. One thing I love about basketball is that people have and can make many different styles of play. There are styles such as a passer, playmaker, shooter, defensive player, and dunker or high-flyer.  When you play basketball you feel much more confident and makes you not care much about how others think about you. Many people have creative ideas and find new ways to trick the opposing players. Basketball is a great way to get your mind off things and is also a great way to express yourself. It is a sport that can work your whole body. It play a very big role in my life because I try to watch every game and play it when I have time. Also playing and watching basketball is my passion and I want to learn everything about basketball everyday. 



7 comments:

  1. I can see that you love basketball :)
    Let's play against each other someday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a great idea! You should plan a girls against boys b-ball game for summer.

      Delete
  2. I like how you say that is better playing basketball instead of being at home playing video games. I think that you are a good at basketball even though you always tell me you are not. In my opinion, I think you should at least do the try outs for the Edina team, because if you never try you will regret it later on life. Nice blog.
    you should check your blog again, there are some mistakes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice Job I really like your blog!
    you should try out for the edina team I think you can make it if you really try.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your the real athlete! I like basketball too but I only play with my friends, just for fun. I really enjoyed the video and the picture you posted, bu the way is that you in the picture?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good job! I am glad that you love to play basketball, we should play it together since I like to play with you. Btw great block.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for commenting my blog. Also I would love to play basketball with you.

      Delete