Saturday, April 13, 2013

My Favorite Periodical

If I travel during the summer break to a distant place and had several hours to myself on the plane, I will bring Ribbon and Seventeen with me. They are both very popular Japanese magazines that comes out every month, and can buy it at about 6 dollars each. Ribbon is a girl's comic magazine, and Seventeen is a fashion magazine for about high school girls. I used to buy Ribbon, and I always borrowed Seventeen from my best friend. I really like both of the magazines because they're very colorful, easy and fun to read. What I also like about these magazines are that each of them have a small present attached to it, such as cute pencil case and the present changes every month. I will also read the magazines that are set on the back pocket of the front seat, because then I won't have to bring many magazines on my trip.

I was very surprised when I saw a page in The New York Times that introduce married people and
half of the people shown there were married to a person with the same gender. In Japan, there are no such pages in newspapers where introduces married people, and homosexual marriage is not allowed in Japan.

The marriage page is always inside Sunday's The New York Times. I don't know how to cite this so I just won't.



4 comments:

  1. I really like your blog! I like the pictures, they look so colorful and not boring. I have never heard of Ribbon magazine, I want to read it now. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never read any magazine that is not from the USA so I would be very happy to read these magazines.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will really like to read Ribbon but English version. It seems interesting because comic is involved.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job, Keeyu! I really like how colorful both of the magazines are. Also I love the fact that you still read magazines from where you are from, Japan.

    ReplyDelete