Thursday, September 13, 2012

What's in the News?: Immigration in MN: Teacher Demo


On September 11th of this year, the largest number of immigrants in a Minnesota ceremony were recently sworn in as new citizens of the United States. 1,509 people from nineteen countries stood up to take the oath and pledge their allegiance to the United States of America. I am proud to have worked and taught with students, parents, and friends who have also stood in this exact same spot to become citizens of their new home. I feel it is an honor to have such an amazing group of people from around the world who want to make this country, our country, my country home.

If you, someone in your family or a friend will need to take their citizenship test soon, find study resources like flashcards and FAQ in multiple languages here. Best of luck and WELCOME!

by Allie Shah from the Star Tribune (9/11/12)



 

4 comments:

  1. This article is really helpful for us, because it gives information to all immigrants, who wants to get their citizenship.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Karen :) this is a really helpful article for us. With this information we can share it with other people that doesn't know about how to get the citizenship.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, we made this country to our home, and two more years I will going to take my citizen test. So I will work very hard at the us history class.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't know that you have to take a test to get a citizenship. Is the test hard?

    ReplyDelete