Saturday, September 15, 2012

Sesame Street 123 (:


I'm a huge fan of Sesame Street, out of all the charter's Elmo is my favorite. I watched my youngest cousin learn by just watching Sesame Street. I have seen how he learned to count and speak by just watching television, which I never thought it was possible. I believe this television show is creative because it teaches kids around the world about anything, such as learning the alphabet, writing, speaking, identifying colors and much more.

Joan Ganz Cooney and Lloyd Morrisett came up with the making of Sesame Street. It was created on November 10, 1965. It was started with the help of companies like Corporation for Public Broadcasting, Ford Foundation and Carnegie Institute. Ever since they been having famous guests on the show, it's made it more fun for the kids.

The purpose of this television show is not only to teach kids a new way of learning but to bring families and kids together. Today Sesame Street has been working with kids all around the world to work on achieving there highest potential in education.

Here is one the songs Sesame Street uses to teach kids.

8 comments:

  1. Sorry, I not a big fan of Seasame Street, but I sure your son will enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Brenda, I really liked the part where you said that kids can learn stuffs from this TV show, I really agree with you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. when i was new to america i used whatch this it tought me a lot of new words it was one of my favoirate shows i argee with u that it teaches kids and people around the world.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love this show because i use to watch it in ethiopia.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice work brenda! i liked the part where you said " it teaches kids around the world about anything, such as learning the alphabet, writing, speaking" Agree with you..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Vamos Todos a Jugar Al Fantastico Lugar Plaza Sesamo!!! Thank you! Because you have remind me about my childhood, and how useful this show was for me and my brother when we were kids. If it wasn't for Sesame Street my brother and I wouldn't have learned how to speak when we were kids.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I kind of like Sesame Street because when I babysit my cousin's kids I watch it with them. And yes they show help kids learn things.

    ReplyDelete