Sunday, December 16, 2012

Romand Gods







                    Gods of the Roman Empire
Today I'm going to talk about the ancient Roman gods. Since in our planet presentations there were many Roman gods' name, I want you to have a better understanding about them. There are a lot of gods in the Roman Empire, but I will like you to learn more about the names of the planet you chose.
In Rome each god had a possession on earth or the outside of earth. This website tell us the names of god and goddesses in Rome. I'm going to tell you some of them, which planets our galaxy were named after. Mercury is the messenger of god, the one that tells everything that happens on Earth. Venus is the goddess of love and beauty and also the mother of cupid. Tellus or Terra is the mother earth. Mars is the God of war and Father of Romulus. Jupiter is the king of gods and god of the sky, he always carry a thunderbolt. Saturn is the god of time. Uranus is the father of the god Saturn. Neptune is the god of the sea and earthquake and always carries a trident. Pluto is the god of the death and brother of Jupiter.

7 comments:

  1. I was doing the planet project last week, my planet was Mercury, but I didn't know Mercury is the messenger of god after read this blog. Good job Karen keep it going.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the planet names because it sounds cool and unique.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My planet was Jupiter I didn't know he is the king of gods. Is really interesting that each planet has a name of a God and that each do something. This is really cool. I learned something from your blog Gaby. I have a question. What do you mean by saying that Jupiter go of the sky? Nice job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love these kind of articles!! Very interesting, nice job :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is very intresting, I learened something new today :) Nice job karinito

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have never know or learn about this kinds of things and this is very interesting to me. It's help me explain to other people about why it is.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice blog, Karen! You remind me of the movie Hercules!

    ReplyDelete