Friday, December 21, 2012

Before Death


Before Death


Last week, I was watching video on Reddit TV, that is a site has many cool and interesting video from around the world, must the video from Youtube. So I found this song “ Clouds” by  Zach Sobiech  that inspire me the most. When you know you only has months to live, what will you do before die? Zach choices to write and sing a song. He was diagnosed with osteosarcoma in 2009. Zach’s pelvis and lungs found cancer at end of May 2012. There are no effective left and he has been told has only months to live. So I hope him have enjoy every moment of his life.


Next day, a man shoot 20 children and 6 adults in Sandy Hook Elementary school. Why he did this horrible thing? In ESL level 4 class every Friday we have a TED Talks video to watch and fill out the worksheet. So, that day the TED Talks video was about  Before I die I want to.... Candy Chang changed her house to the chalkboard and wrote down before I die, I want to... That very inspired  me a lot, and I started thinking about what should I do before I die?.


On Dec.20.2012, after biology class, I was getting a phone called from my dad in China. He told me that ZhongWei Xin killed by a Mental illness man with a knife and stab him back multiple time. Zhong Wei XIn was one of my best friend in China, I was hanging out with him many time during this summer,  I promise him I will come back and have a good time again after I graduate college. Also we always talk about the future and our dream. However,  I still don’t know why bad thing is always happen to good people.


After all, death in my definition is unexpected, you don’t know when it coming, what will happen the next day or next second just like the movie final destination. Yes, before I die, I want to do many things, so right now, the rest of my life is preparing for death, I will enjoy every moment in my life, make everyday is meaningful and live my best life.

5 comments:

  1. "If only I had a little bit more time
    If only I had a little bit more time with you"

    This song, "Clouds", it's so fragile and twinkle beautiful.
    It's a nice song even when you are just listening,
    but when I recognized the lyrics, I was very moved and almost cried.

    I can see how he felt about his life, his moment.
    Thanks for sharing this :)
    I too really hope he had made many fun memories till the end.


    I am so sorry about your best friend.

    By your article, I felt death much more closer than I expected.
    Very mournful, but well done article :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how Zach Sobiech looks strong on the video and is always smiling even though he knows what the future is for him. He is a really strong man trying to sing for everyone and giving courage to others. I also read about what happened in China. It is so sad to see that great people will not be here in this world. And things that happens in this world give us a lot of lessons, Like Jeff said. We should enjoy every second and to be always with the people we love the most because we don't know what will happen tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good job that you are talking about things that we were talking about in the class. I am so sorry that your best friend was killed, but in china many times this happen. I agree that we should enjoy our life because we don't know when we are going to die and we should do things that we want now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am sorry that your best friend died. I totally agree with you,we must enjoy our life since we are still alive and respect our parents the most. Even though we sometimes don't like our lives, we should be happy that we are still alive and with our parents. That we are lucky that we are still alive. We should appreciate all the things we have and the people that we love.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jeff, thank you for sharing your thoughts and motivations for "living your best life." I am so sorry about your friend's tragic death. Keep talking about him and your memories will stay alive. I also appreciate how you referred to the TED Talk in class and I'm glad it got you thinking!

    ReplyDelete