Sunday, February 3, 2013

Maternity Leave: Week One Update

My first week of maternity leave has been mostly recovery from child birth and getting used to a new schedule. I received all the wonderful informal letters from students today and they all made me smile.  Many asked for more pictures and details about our new baby’s name, so here goes...

The Name: Kristoff David
My husband and I couldn’t agree 100% on a name. We both craved a name with a special meaning, but were unable to find one that we both liked. While in labor and walking around the hospital, the two of us went through almost every name in “The Perfect Baby Name” book by Jeanine Cox. We eventually stumbled onto Kristoff. This is a Scandinavian version of Christopher. Christopher is the patron saint of travelers and also my husband's middle name. David is my husband's first name. Kristoff David gave us a new and interesting way to include the baby's namesake as well as originality.

The Birth:
Let’s just say, it was a long day and a half! I didn’t sleep for about 36 hours, but it was all worth it. Kristoff is amazing.

The Attitude:
Although babies typically don’t smile until they are several months old, Kristoff has already showed us some personality:


4 comments:

  1. Ms.Schutz, I love the name Kristoff!
    Your baby is adorable! I love all the pictures but my favorite one is the third one. :) I'm glad you and Kristoff are healthy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ms. Schutz your baby is so cute. I also like the name Kristoff. Wow u didn't sleep for 36 hours. I hope you are feeling well. Congratulations!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations Mrs. Schutz, for your biggest accomplishment yet, being a mom for the second time most be equally exciting as it was when you first had your first baby. I love his personality! He seems awesome! Take good care of him, and how's Kristoff older brother doing?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations, Mrs Schutz!!
    I too really like Kristoff's face on the third picture.
    Like Leo said, is Kristoff's older brother excited to have a new family? :)

    ReplyDelete