Sunday, February 10, 2013

I Just Called To Say I Love You





-"He has created a very distinctive body of music that has become an important part of America's fabric." (James H. Billington)


Stevie Wonder was born blind on May 13, 1950, Saginaw, Michigan.  He showed an early gift for music, first with a church choir in Detroit, and later with a bevy of instruments including the harmonica, piano, and drums, all of which he taught himself before the age of ten. He was just 11 years old when he was discovered by Ronnie White of the Motown band, the Miracles. In 1962, he released his debut album, Little Stevie Wonder the 12 Year Old Genius. In 1980s, he produced a selection of hits that included the soundtrack single "I Just Called to Say I Love You" for the Gene Wilder film, The Woman in Red (1984). This single also won Wonder an Oscar. Also in the 1980s, Wonder successfully spearhead a movement to create a national holiday recognizing Dr. Martin Luther King. Over the course of his long career, Wonder, who has been married twice and has seven children, has been honored with numerous awards. He has won 25 Grammys, a number that includes his Grammy Lifetime Achievement Award. In 1989 he was elected to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. More recently Wonder was recognized with the Second Library of Congress Gershwin Prize for Popular Song in 2009.

I'm really amazed at him, because he has won tons of awards even he's blind. He also sings in the "We are the World", which is my favorite song.




9 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you are featuring Stevie Wonder! He is one of my all time favorite musicians. One of my best friends sang his song, "Ribbon in the Sky" during my wedding ceremony. He is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this song so much,I listen this song during the last summer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. His songs are really catchy. I really like the first song. He is really brave for singing even though he was blind. Nice job Keeyu.

    ReplyDelete
  4. He is the best Musicians alive and i love how he pursue his dream while he was blind. Very inspiring

    ReplyDelete
  5. It takes a lot of courage to sing in front of people knowing you have disability. Your blog really inform me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like your blog because its easy to understand and organized I'm also impressed how brave he was even though he was blind. Nice Job

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! Even though he was blind, he stood up and sang. He was a really brave man. I like how you highlight some of the sentences in your blog. Good job.

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow i love Stevie Wonder music he is very talent he can even write the lyrics buts he is a great singer. i believe he is a true trailblazer.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amazing! It's just like people say " It doesn't matter what you have or who you are, what really matters is what you do to be better".

    ReplyDelete